Director of Product
7 days ago
Who we are?
We’re looking for a Director of Product to join our growing, select, team. At Focused Labs, we are on a mission to deliver positive outcomes and help teams get to the cloud. We are dedicated to delivering products to market quickly that meet the business objectives and user needs of our clients. We work with a variety of clients from different industries, collaborating as we get new products to market, modernize legacy systems, and upskill teams.
- Listen first• We are experts in product practices but life long learners in the domain of our customers. We research, collaborate, and understand.
- Learn why • We ask questions to understand problem spaces, objectives, and goals, which allows us to deeply invest and drive towards the outcomes of our clients.
- Love your craft• We love diving into a variety of domains and solving problems. We take pride in delivering value, in communicating progress, and guiding our clients to success.
What would you be doing?
- Create a shared vision across teams and the company by aligning product managers on best practices in scoping, discovery, and delivery
- Lead and encourage a team of product managers, enabling high performance through mentorship and feedback
- Lead product discovery and roadmap workshops with key prospects and clients including project scopings and project kick-offs
- Define a product strategy, vision and outcome focused roadmap that solves real problems and creates value for clients
- Collaborate closely with customers to solve problems that are core to their business and build an impactful product
- Manage and prioritize a backlog that keeps the team on track, delivering value towards a client’s vision
- Collaborate with developers, designers, and clients to determine priorities and ensure project teams can continually operate efficiently
- Work with designers to create wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Monitor and communicate project health, including managing risks
- Define and track success metrics; leverage data to make informed decisions
- Bias towards action when managing competing priorities, while demonstrating progress to stakeholders
- Quickly understand the client domain and identify trends and opportunities in that space
- Help define and improve who we are as a company and a team
Why are we excited about you?
- You have experience mentoring and managing Product Managers
- You have helped manage relationships with enterprise stakeholders
- You enjoy creating alignment between teams
- You have experience with lean, and user centered design methodologies
- You have managed an Agile backlog and lead a development team to turn business opportunities into working software solutions
- You can quickly dive into a problem space, assess the situation, understand goals and drive towards productive outcomes
- You are comfortable creating basic wireframes or user flows
- You thrive on ambiguity
- You can break down complex problems into actionable steps
- You are focused on data-driven approaches to solving problems
If you had worked at Focused Labs over the last 3 months you may have
- Launched a new Membership sign up flow on an existing client website
- Paired with engineers to define scope and priorities
- Suggested and scoped new sets of work with an existing client
- Tested a mobile app for release to the Play and Apple stores
- Worked with a client to scope and begin building a quick turnaround high priority project
- Helped our company create a new internal wiki
What to know before you apply:
cused Labs is open to remote employees
- Focused Labs is unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of the employment Visa process at this time
We believe employees should be paid fairly and equitably. Salary ranges may vary depending on your location and previous experience. The Chicago salary range for this role is: $150,000 - $200,000.
- Work Where You Are
... But with a nicer setup. Everyone on our team is reimbursed up to $1,000 to kit out a comfortable home office.
- Collaborate in Real-Time
We all keep Focused Hours — 8:30 to 5:30 Central — so you're always working directly with your team.
- Continuous Feedback
We don’t do annual reviews for the same reason we don’t release software once a year. We reward good work when it happens.
- Honest Compensation
Our salary ranges are transparent and raises are discussed when you earn them, so everyone gets fair pay.
- $401K Matching Today
We match 100% of your contributions for the first 3% of your salary and 50% for the next 2%, vesting immediately.
- Focus on Health
We offer competitive health (BCBS), dental (Guardian) and vision (Beam), plus a $250 annual wellness allowance.
- Take Your Time
21 vacation days, 5 sick days — enough time away to really like it when you're here.
- Parental Leave
Everyone gets 12 weeks of fully paid leave to welcome new family members — and a structured welcome back to work.