18 hours ago
Who we are?
Here at Focused Labs, we are a small, select, software development team that wants to improve the world of software engineering through excellence. We take a unique approach to deliver products to market quickly while meeting the business and customer needs of our clients.
- Listen first-we are experts when it comes to software, but life long learners in the domain of our customers. We listen, collaborate, and iterate closely with our clients.
- Learn why-we are deeply invested in the outcomes of our clients and apply our expertise to make wise technology decisions with them.
- Love your craft -we love programming and the craft of software engineering.
What would you be doing?
As a Delivery Lead, you have an opportunity to leverage your consultative sales background, tactical delivery expertise and strategic vision — our clients and your colleagues will look to you as a trusted advisor, for collaboration, leadership on engagements, and where they should go next.
- Collaborate closely with customers to solve their immediate tactical problems and guide them through challenges
- Manage multiple customers/accounts, without spreading yourself too thin, but staying engaged enough to provide strategic value. (Max of 4 projects)
- Advise clients on immediate work at hand along with identifying and capitalizing on growth opportunities within an account
- Identify product vision and the mission of the engagement, by defining outcomes, and a value plan
- Run client workshops including project scopings, project kick-offs and discovery workshops
- Work with the balanced (Design, PM, Dev), autonomous team, to show value to the customer
- Assess the health of the engagement based on feedback from the customer and your internal team and take action as needed.
- Collaboration with customer:
- Discuss contract burn - time, scope, cost
- Risks & mitigations
- Product vision and engagement value
- Team health and success metrics
- Collaboration with the product development team:
- Remove blockers
- Provide downstream information coming from the customer and capture upstream risks, from the team
- Communicate any team changes to time, cost, scope and staffing
- Collaboration with sales:
- Identify and deliver strategic opportunities within an account
- Understand and contribute to the strategic goals of the company
Why are we excited about you?
- You can lead business-outcome driven discussions while de-emphasizing output and mitigating risk.
- You possess the ability to work with clients in such a way as to earn their trust and gain their confidence.
- You understand how to build connections with a range of audiences, no matter the circumstance.
- You are diplomatic, thoughtful, and steady under pressure when working through unexpected roadblocks with clients or with teams.
- You prefer collaboration and at your best when working as part of a diverse team. You know when to pull in other team members.
- You understand and have practiced your context switching skills. You can gracefully move from one topic to another, and know when to realign your focus.
- You have demonstrated experience working in either a product management role, product design role, or engineering leadership role. You have led cross-disciplinary software teams using one or more agile methodologies.
- You understand the value of a healthy product development team, and know how to support team balanced teams to build great products.
If you had worked at Focused Labs over the last 3 months you may have
- Launched a new Membership sign up flow on an existing client website
- Paired with engineers to define scope and priorities
- Suggested and scoped new sets of work with an existing client
- Tested a mobile app for release to the Play and Apple stores
- Worked with a client to scope and begin building a quick turnaround high priority project
- Helped our company create a new internal wiki
- Helped our company define a Parental Leave Policy
- Played Codenames with the team over happy hour
- Written this job req
What to know before you apply:
- Focused Labs is open to remote employees and all of our teams, regardless of location, work around the core hours of 8:30 - 5:30 CST
We believe employees should be paid fairly and equitably. Salary ranges may vary depending on your location and previous experience. The Denver salary range for this role is: $120,000 - $180,000.
- Work Where You Are
... But with a nicer setup. Everyone on our team is reimbursed up to $1,000 to kit out a comfortable home office.
- Collaborate in Real-Time
We all keep Focused Hours — 8:30 to 5:30 Central — so you're always working directly with your team.
- Continuous Feedback
We don’t do annual reviews for the same reason we don’t release software once a year. We reward good work when it happens.
- Honest Compensation
Our salary ranges are transparent and raises are discussed when you earn them, so everyone gets fair pay.
- $401K Matching Today
We match 100% of your contributions for the first 3% of your salary and 50% for the next 2%, vesting immediately.
- Focus on Health
Focus on Health
- Take Your Time
21 vacation days, 5 sick days — enough time away to really like it when you're here.
- Parental Leave
Everyone gets 12 weeks of fully paid leave to welcome new family members — and a structured welcome back to work.